Sunday 8 November 2009

Yarn Love

Regular readers will know that I love a nice bit of yarn at Christmas - wrapping gifts with yarn & pompoms and using it to make my Christmas star last year - and that I'm still a bit pompom obsessed.

So it will come as no surprise to learn that lots of yarn will be making an appearance in my Christmas decorating this year. There's just something about the warm, cosy, homemade feel of decorating with yarn that's quite irresistible, and I love how it helps to soften the potential brashness/gaudiness and full-on sparkle of a lot of Xmas baubles.

Feeling the yarn love, I want to share some of the awesome yarn wreaths I've discovered recently in my trails around the internet.

Agnes of Knock Knocking makes gorgeous yarn-wrapped wreaths, decorated with ornaments and felt embellishments (a girl after my own heart!). She has a great eye for colour. I love the retro sparkle of this "hostess" wreath...... and the pattern of this "argyle" wreath is so clever:You can find more of her wreaths in her shop, here.

Crafty superwoman MrsB (whose fab blog you can visit here) sells wreaths that are literally made from balls of yarn. Fantastic!
The combination of softness & sparkle here is just perfect:
And last but by no means least, do you fancy a bit of DIY yarn action this Christmas? Check out this great tutorial for a POMPOM wreath over on the Bleubird Vintage blog. Just amazing.

8 comments:

Jo @ life in lists said...

Fantastic, love the yarn wreaths especially!

Jen Walshaw said...

What wonderful ideas

nido en las nubes said...

i love the pompom wreath! such a clever idea!

KnockKnocking said...

Awww, thanks for the mention darlin! And where does that girl who makes those yarn wrapped wreaths get most of her felt? I dunno, but it sure is Fabulous!!!!

xoxoxo Agnes ;)

LPFish said...

I have a MrsB wool ball wreath - i LOVE it x it so well made x

Rebekah said...

I love the pom-pom wreath! It looks like chrysanthemums. :)

Josie said...

I really love the sparkly one :-)

Would it be possible to contact you sometime to ask you some questions about running your own business when you have M.E.?

Mrs B said...

Lovely Lupin! Thankyou kindly for the mention! I feel famous! x